Pages

Friday 27 January 2017

HIGH STREET CONCEALERS | FIRST IMPRESSIONS

There's nothing more I love than experimenting with makeup, whether that be high end or drugstore, I buzz off finding new products that grow to become my must have. This past week I've been testing out a few different concealers, to conceal (obviously) or to brighten, dependant on the shade. I think it's safe to say, I put each concealer through it's paces, testing each one through a full 12 hour working day, in hope that they wouldn't fail to impress. So here are my first impressions. A little disclaimer *My skin is oily and I have a very fair complexion, so please bare this in mind if you are considering making a purchase*.

 




NYX HD 'Studio Photogenic' Concealer (01)

I've been using this concealer as a skin brightening product for a couple of months now and does the job decently.  Priced at such a cheap price point, retailing at only £5.50, you really can not complain. I tend to highlight the centre of my nose, my cupids bow and brow bone with this concealer and then pack on a powdered highlighter on top. It blends like a dream and considering my face is so oily, I do find that the product lasts well throughout the day. With regards to creasing, I am unsure of the products durability as I do not use it under my eyes or where product can tend to crease. For a brightening concealer on a budget, I would definitely recommend.


Maybelline 'Fit Me!' Concealer (10)

Everyone and their mums have the Fit Me! concealer so my hopes were high for this product. I'm a sucker for trying hyped up products so I was keen to give this a go. I attempted to use this concealer to conceal my imperfections, any spots or redness. I'm pretty sure I picked this up in the lightest shade yet it was still way too dark for my corpse-like complexion. *sigh. Although, I did find that it blends beautifully and sits well on the skin. However, I find that the product does crack and separate throughout the day but may be good for shorter wear.

Maybelline 'The Eraser Eye' Concealer (Light)

 This concealer was honestly SO difficult to get my hands on, it was sold out for the longest time. Once again, another product Youtube made me buy. I am often well known for my panda eyes due to early mornings for work, so I had my fingers crossed that this product would do it self justice and provide me with the coverage I need. First things first, I'd say this concealer does mask my dark circles quite well, although does not brighten by any means. Sometimes I find that my eyes still appear tired and dull, adding to the problem rather than resolving it, I think his may be due to the shade being darker than my skin tone. Maybelline, you need more of a shade range, just a little pointer.                                 

Maybelline 'Super stay 24 hour' Concealer (Light)

This is a oldie but goodie product within my collection and one that I must say I forgot about. Out of all the Maybelline concealers, this one is the best shade match by a mile. I use this concealer to conceal any imperfections and it provides me with a medium coverage. I wouldn't say that this product provides me with coverage for 24 hours but I find that it doesn't crease or fade with ease and does last for a good while. Overall, I actually really enjoy this concealer and for the price point, I would definitely repuchase and test out a little further.

What are your favourite concealers?

I love all your feedback and always appreciate your comments. If you have any queries or requests posts etc. please contact me.
Talk soon babes XO

PR/Enquiries – exohsoph@gmail.com
SHARE:

2 comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig