Pages

Friday 3 March 2017

L'OREAL PURE CLAY GLOW MASK | REVIEW

Face masks really are the only skincare products that claim to produce instant noticeable effects and I think this is why they have blown up so much over recent years as the emphasis on skincare has increased tenfold over the last decade. My sensitive skin most definitely steers me away from wanting to try out new products, especially when it comes to my face. The last time I tested a facial mask, the outcome was certainly not a pretty sight and ever since I have avoided facial masks all together. As a social media obsessive I can not help but want to jump on every beauty bandwagon going and after seeing the L'oreal Clay Masks dotted about everywhere, I could not resist but to go and get my hands on one.


I was a little apprehensive about this mask and how it would settle with my sensitive skin, although the collection does state that the masks are suitable for all skin types so my hopes were high. I suffer from a dull complexion at the best of times as I am sad to admit that I do not take as good care of my skin as I should, so I was really hoping that this mask would leave me with even the slightest glow as I was not expecting instant results. What struck me the most was the unusual hue of the mask, it looks like crushed brick which is certainly unique. You get 50ml of product in a nice weighty glass jar, at least it feels like glass. Personally, I use my fingers to apply the mask to my face, although for future reference, I shall most definitely be using a brush for a more clean, hygienic and even application.

Onto the mask itself, the "powerful three clays" are: Kaolin which absorbs impurities and excess sebum; Montmorillonite which helps eliminate imperfections and Ghassoul more commonly known as Rhassoul (so I don't know why L'Oreal have chosen to call it Ghassoul, maybe to make it look like it is completely new?) which helps clarify the complexion because it is a clay rich in minerals.



To Use: Simply apply the mask with your preferred tool (for me it's my fingers) onto dry, cleansed skin. I applied an even layer all over my face and neck, avoiding my eyes and lips. I left it on much longer than the recommended 5-10 minutes. Considering that my skin is very sensitive this mask didn't bother me at all, it tingled slightly at first but that disappeared quickly, although my face appeared slightly reddened afterwards, which for me, was expected. There is a scent to it but for me it was very faint and not lingering. In total, it must have remained on my face for about 20 minutes before I washed it off in warm water.

The mask doesn't dry down on the skin entirely and you can visibly see the slightly gritty texture which when you rinse it off works to exfoliate the skin. After removing it my skin felt noticeably softer, smoother and overall looked healthier. I wouldn't say it was glowing but perhaps if I did use it multiple times a week as suggested then the results would show more.  The jar it comes in is meant for 10 uses only, so if you did use the mask 3 times a week as implied you would whiz through this fast. I would recommend buying in bulk if you think this mask is for you. Most stores, Superdrug and Boots for instance, more often than not have an offer on like 3 for 2 so that would be an ideal opportunity to snap up as many of these as you can. I see myself repurchasing for sure. I wish it was bigger so one jar would last months rather than weeks but very decent for the price.

Any face masks you are enjoying at the moment? Let me know below.

I love all your feedback and always appreciate your comments. If you have any queries or requests posts etc. please contact me.
Talk soon babes XO

PR/Enquiries – exohsoph@gmail.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig